Allergy season is upon us! Despite the nice weather, relentless allergies caused by pollen can put a damper on enjoying your time outside in the sun. Some of the symptoms include itching of the eyes, sore throat and congestion. Now it’s not realistic to stay inside during the Spring and Summer months, but we don’t want our time spent outside to be spoiled either. Here are some tips to combat pollen irritation this allergy season.
Before suffering from pollen this Spring:
- Change your air filter frequently! At least once a month during pollen season.
- Invest in a dehumidifier or air purifier. It will help eliminate pollen spores & other allergens.
- Stock up on foods with natural antihistamine (garlic, onions, citrus & apples). They treat allergies and provide relief to congestion.
Though we try to stop pollen allergies we sometimes fall victim to their symptoms. There are a number of remedies available to treat pollen allergies, many of which are available with resources we can find in our home.
For allergy relief from pollen some techniques include:
- Hot water and lemon. (For soothing scratchy & sore throats)
- Vitamin C. This is very effective whether over the counter tablets or orange juice.
- If outside wash your hands, arms and hair. This will reduce pollen from spreading in your home.
- Make sure your pets are clean after coming in from outside. After rolling around they can spread pollen on furniture and clothes.
Feel free to contact us with any insurance needs both for your business and personal lines. Our friendly office staff will be happy to provide you with a FREE quote, research coverage options and address any concerns you have. We encourage our readers to post in the comments section. It allows us to improve the quality of our blog, connect with our audience and address your insurance concerns. Be sure to follow us on social media as well, by clicking the icons below!